How Tapping Works
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) also known as Tapping is a blend of modern energy psychology and Chinese medicine. Chinese medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical systems and has been around for thousands of years. Chinese medicine is based on the meridian system, which uses energetic circuitry that maps itself throughout the entire body.
Whenever there is any bodily trauma, emotional or physical, this circuitry can become blocked. Over time, these blocked energies result is dis-ease and disease can be the next logical step. Tapping can be used on a wide variety of physical and emotional challenges arising from something as simple as everyday stress to more complicated chronic pain disorders, from weight loss to severe childhood trauma.
Based on Chinese medicine, meridian points are thought of as areas of the body where energy flows through. These pathways help balance energy flow to maintain your health. Any imbalance can influence disease or sickness.Acupuncture uses needles to apply pressure to these energy points; Tapping with Dr. Gigi uses a proprietary method of tapping called Hypno-Tapping V.
Hypno-Tapping V combines the finer elements of EFT, hypnosis and visualization into a powerful tool that quickly transforms limited thoughts, feelings and beliefs into a life-giving ideals.
Proponents say the tapping helps you access your body’s energy and send signals to the part of thebrain that controls stress. They claim that stimulating the meridian points through EFT tapping can reduce the stress or negative emotion you feel from your issue, ultimately restoring balance to your disrupted energy.
- The tapping sequence involves tapping on nine meridian points. There are 12 major meridians that mirror each side of the body and correspond to an internal organ. However, tapping mainly focuses on these nine:
- karate chop (KC): small intestine meridian
- top of head (TH): governing vessel
- eyebrow (EB): bladder meridian
- side of the eye (SE): gallbladder meridian
- under the eye (UE): stomach meridian
- under the nose (UN): governing vessel
- chin (Ch): central vessel
- beginning of the collarbone (CB): kidney meridian
- under the arm (UA): spleen meridian
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tapping Effective?
Tapping has been used to effectively treat war veterans and active military with PTSD. In a 2013 study, PubMed Central studied the impact of tapping on veterans with PTSD against those receiving standard care.
There are also some success stories from people with anxiety using tapping as an alternative treatment.
A 2016PubMed Central study compared the effectiveness of using tapping over standard care options for anxiety symptoms. The study concluded there was a significant decrease in anxiety scores compared to participants receiving other care. However, further research is needed to compare tapping treatment with other cognitive therapy techniques.
Is Tapping Acupuncture?
Tapping is an alternative acupressure therapy treatment used to restore balance to your disrupted energy centers. It’s been an authorized treatment for war veterans with PTSD, and it’s demonstrated some benefits as a treatment for anxiety, depression, physical pain, and insomnia
Client Rights in Hypno-Tapping V Therapy
Every client engaging in Hypno-Tapping VTM therapy has the following rights:
- You have a right to participate in developing an individual plan of treatment.
Every client should have a treatment plan that describes general goals o and specific objectives the client will work on in order to achieve their goals. Without such a plan, how would you know you’ve made progress?
- You have a right to receive an explanation of services in accordance with the treatment plan.
The therapist should describe the process of how they work with clients, in as much detail as you prefer and time allows.
- You have a right to participate voluntarily in and to consent to treatment.
You are there voluntarily and should understand and consent to all treatment provided you.
- You have a right to object to, or terminate, treatment.
Don’t like therapy or a specific type of treatment? You can leave at any time without any kind of repercussions.
- You have a right to receive appropriate care and treatment that is suited to your needs and skillfully, safely, and humanely administered with full respect for their dignity and personal integrity.
Your Hypno-Tapping VTM therapist should be skilled and trained to administer the treatment he or she said they would, and do so in a dignified and humane manner. You should never feel unsafe in your therapist’s presence.
- You have a right to be treated in a manner which is ethical and free from abuse, discrimination, mistreatment, and/or exploitation.
Therapists will not use your story to write a book, a screenplay, a movie, or have you appear on a television show. Therapists will not attempt to leverage the therapeutic relationship in an inappropriate manner (e.g., sexually or romantically), and they should not pass judgment upon you based upon your background, race, handicaps, etc.
- You have a right to be treated by staff who are sensitive to one’s cultural background.
No matter what your background or culture, you should expect to be treated with respect and dignity, by all staff (including billing staff, receptionists, etc.).
- You have a right to be afforded privacy and confidentiality.
Your sessions are confidential and private and will not be overheard or shared with others.
- You have a right to be informed of expected results of all therapies prescribed, including their possible adverse effects.
Therapists should go through the list of common adverse and side effects of any treatment they prescribe.
- You have a right to request a change in therapist.
Sometimes it just doesn’t work out with the therapist chosen. That’s nobody’s fault and the therapist should help you find his or her replacement (through a referral, at minimum).
- You have a right to have records protected by confidentiality and not be revealed to anyone without my written authorization.
You are entitled to confidential treatment by your therapist, meaning that your therapist cannot talk to others (except another professional colleague or supervisor) about your case without your written consent.
There are a few specific conditions where confidentiality may be broken (different country and state laws will vary):
- If the therapist has knowledge of child or elder abuse.
- If the therapist has knowledge of the client’s intent to harm oneself or others.
- If the therapist receives a court order to the contrary.
- If the client enters into litigation against the therapist.
- If the client is a minor, the therapist may discuss aspects of the client’s care with the client’s parents or legal guardians (varies from therapist to therapist).
Preparing for your Hypno-Tapping V Therapy Session
- Go to a space that is safe, comfortable, quiet and private
- Position your camera at eye level
- Find your light source
- Make sure you have a strong internet or wetwork connection
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Consider using headphones
How Is Tapping Performed?
Tapping is easy to use as a self-help technique because you can do it any time you feel the need. A practitioner can provide in-depth help if needed.
Tapping with Dr. Gigi sessions follow a set sequence:
- Begin by stating what is on your mind and rating your distress on a scale of 1 to 10
- Speak your “set-up statement,” which identifies the issue and includes a statement of self-love and acceptance
- Begin the tapping sequence, using your fingers to tap on the specified sites
- As you tap, use a reminder phrase to stay focused on your problem area
- At the end of the sequence, rate your distress.
Does it work?
While there are some success stories, researchers are still investigating its effectiveness on other disorders and illnesses. Continue to seek traditional treatment options. However, if you decide to pursue this alternative therapy, consult with your doctor first to reduce the likelihood of injury or worsening symptoms.
WebMd, says Humans are always looking for better ways to relieve stress. Medications may work, but they have side effects. Many people seek alternative solutions, such as tapping.
After Care FAQs
What happens after an Hypno-Tapping VTM energy healing session??
I normally recommend drinking plenty of water to keep the body hydrated & flush out any toxins being released. I also recommend some rest if you are able to after your session. A short nap if time permits is great. Even a short meditation can be beneficial. Be extra nice, kind and compassionate with yourself. Consider some breathwork techniques to calm your mind and body.
If you are in a very toxic state (physically and emotionally) especially at the beginning, your body may feel a little lethargic for a few days after your initial session. You may notice a little emotional upheaval for a day or two as non-physical portion of your healing is being released such as emotions and old patterns. It can last moments or off and on throughout your day. Try to relax and take a moment to reflect if you can and let it release without judgement. In most cases, you will quickly notice the “clouds being lifted” so to speak. I have found that this normally lessens as work progresses and healing takes place. I always recommend that you honor yourself & intuition and listen to what your body is telling you. Listen to meditations, journal, or go out for a walk.
Energy healing/energy medicine (aka: energy correction) can be a tremendous addition to other forms of healing and can enhance the effects of other healing work, holistic or traditional. Some forms of energy medicine can significantly reduce or completely remove the negative side effects of necessary medications and treatments such as chemotherapy if that is the route you choose for healing.
Are there side effects during or after an energy healing session?
No two people are the same, but usually people feel calmer and lighter after an energy healing session.
Some energy healing sessions might leave you feeling a little lethargic, ready for a nap. As energy correction takes place and the negative energy frequencies are being release, the body’s energy system is disrupted and the and the body is realigning into a new energy frequency that is different.
Side effects are usually minimal and can be viewed as your body’s way of expressing the release of something negative as it begins to heal.
The most common side effects reported to me during and after their energy healing sessions include (not limited to): vivid dreams, dreams of healing or resolution of emotional or physical issue, dreams of healing a specific relationship or past love trauma, the sensation of heat, nausea, dizziness, sleepy, passing gas, numb, tingling, emotional release and brief anger, laughter and so forth.
Keep in mind, this is just your body’s way of releasing old energy frequencies and patterns in order to find true sustainable healing. Any time you make significant changes in your self-healing, there will be side effects no matter what method you choose, even if you only change your diet – it is not harmful – it is possible to experience these symptoms in phases for a few days to a week, or not at all.
Negative Side Effects
Some of the side effects that might be considered “negative” that could show up with energy healing include:
- Feeling a need to stretch your body
- Mood swings
- Energetic release
Positive Side Effects
Some of the side effects that could be considered positive associated with energy healing include:
- Less anxiety, more calm
- Healing trauma of sexual assault/rape
- Better sleep
- Deeper meditation
- Being more present
- More energy
- Rapid release of trauma
- Lifting depression
- Raise spiritual consciousness/awareness
- More self esteem/confidence
- More Joy & laughter
- More money/prosperity & success
- Generational issues
- Releasing intentions that block healing
- Better relationship/relationship healing
- More ease/less resistance
- Dosage change in RX, supplements, etc. (Consult your medical practitioner)
- Better sex/more intimacy/orgasm
- Weight loss/weight gain
- Clear head/less brain fog (usually toxin related)
- Better memory
- Better eye sight
- Feeling balance/harmony/calm
- Being able to speak up for self/others
- Reversal of dis-ease symptoms
- Better intuition
- Inner peace
- Healthier body
- Less pain
- Long standing emotional turmoil & heartache healing
- Inner peace/preparing to die
- Grief release
- Less rage/anger
- Relationship loss/breakup healing
- Overcoming addictions
- Healing fear of public (agoraphobia)
- Symptoms of PTSD healing
- And, much more
In some cases, you might notice a shift or effect during your energy healing session. In some cases, you might notice side effects or shifts in days & weeks following your energy healing session. Normally, the most intense effects are noticed within a day or two at most.
Please consult me if your negative symptoms do not lessen and persist longer than 3 days.
9 Tips - Healing Crisis
Although it is not common to experience a healing crisis after an energy healing treatment, here are nine tips for moving through the process.
Having a healing crisis following an energy healing session is not a common experience, though it does sometimes happen. When it occurs, a healing crisis includes physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual/energetic components. The length of a healing crisis can be a few hours up to a few days.
Often, the disruption may begin in the physical body; it registers aches and twinges, tension or stiffness, muscle contractions, and even nerve pain. The pain or discomfort can resolve quickly, sometimes traveling down one side of the body, creating tingling sensations as the energetic material exits through the feet chakras.
The nervous system can be highly activated, causing mental overstimulation and a feeling of panic or overwhelming anxiety. The emotional aspects can include wide emotional swings, from grief and despair to expansiveness and bliss and back again.
Spiritually, there’s a sense of separating from what was known and understood, and landing in a void or chasm of uncertainty, feeling disconnected from Source.
Sounds like a great time, right? Well, in truth, it’s a pretty powerful passage through layer upon layer of energy held in the energetic systems of the body, mind, and emotions. Ironically, there is often not a lot of emotional context or story. Healing crises are generally not memory-based, with recall of past trauma or experience informing the process. Without available context, the individual may feel adrift and unable to make sense of the spectrum of symptoms and emotions.
Here are nine tips for moving through a healing crisis after an energy healing treatment:
- You collaborated with your practitioner to enable deep and powerful energy work to occur in your fields—the systems for your physical body, emotions, and mind. You stirred up and released this material because you were ready to evolve, shift, and heal. Validate your authority.
- The energy you released came from all your energetic fields or bodies. Your Etheric body (the energy system for your physical body) was holding emotional energy in its cells, the fascia, joints, and multiple chakras. Your body let it go, a huge boon for its wellbeing. Your Astral body (the energy system for your emotional body) lightened through your work.
- As your energy and body integrate, you will find new insights and levels of conscious awareness to unpack and embody.
- Your mind may be unable to process what has occurred. It may lean toward thinking that something is wrong. The mind is a powerful resource, but it is not the best at comprehending energetic and spiritual process.
- Do your best to be present to what is occurring. Dialogue with your body, and let it know that it can release, let go, and integrate without pain syndromes.
- Allow your emotions to move through without judging them or digging deep to determine the event or experience that might be behind the feelings. The emotion comes from all sorts of times, places, events, and interactions. The healing crisis is releasing residual emotion.
- You need not go it alone. Call me for support. Let your nearest and dearest connections know you may need some extra support, compassion, and care as you move through the process. If your symptoms have not lessened and persist longer than three days, contact me. I will help you balance and regulate your energy so you can ground properly.
- Trust yourself. If it feels weird, but you think you are okay, trust that. If you feel like you need to reach out for support, trust that.
- Be gentle with yourself. Validate your astonishing ability to heal, evolve, release, and let go. Eat nourishing foods; take baths; sit outside under the stars; meditate; take naps. Self-nurturing and self-care are essential when you are moving through a deep energetic integration.
A healing crisis is a powerful catharsis and reset of your mind, body, emotions, and spirit. It is generally a transit—not a dark night of the soul. In other words, you will move through it and find your feet under you once again, conscious of the nuanced and evolved self on the other side.
Get a Free Session Today
Relaim the You that you were meant to be!